Ok, so far so good! Once you have installed the COD file onto the blackberry device using BBSAK, we need to tweak the settings of this application, so that your gameboy game roms may run smoothly. The setting that I found the best were as follows:
- Scale to fit - On
- Keep Proportions - Off, if you keep it on, the image is not distorted in terms of resolution, but the size is reduced
- Advanced graphics - Off, if you check this setting, most of the old gameboy ROMs will work fine, however, you might have problems with some of them. This option if is off, improves the performance drastically. Especially like on my old blackberry torch 9800. I like keeping it off.
- Enable sound - Yes, however, on the Blackberry Torch 9800 I am not getting the sound as yet. Troubleshooting is needed.
- Experimental features - On, turn them off if processor speed is not a constraint for you.
- Disable GBC emulation – Yes or No.
And that’s it, you are done! You can now enjoy all the old classics, like Prince of persia, Batman, Mario, Sonic, Pokemon, etc, on your phone!
I hope this makes your blackberry more userfriendly, and more good natured, as a device!
- “Announcing the BlackBerry Torch 9800″ and related posts (blogs.blackberry.com)
- Sencha Touch Web Framework with BlackBerry Support Launched (devblog.blackberry.com)
- How to use shortcuts from the BlackBerry home screen (helpblog.blackberry.com)
- Enter blackberry to continue (forums.crackberry.com)
- BlackBerry Torch 9800 – 6 Media Options That Are Amazing (bbfeatures.wordpress.com)